Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vending in the 1970s

Vending in the 1970's...

Vending in the 1970's was probably the best time of my life.  ( Im not sure what that says about me but its true)
Selling hot dogs in the left field upper deck was absolutley wonderful

 

Being in the cooler air with all the people involved was just wonderful I believe that I was the one who observed that it was truly like a paid vacation.

I was lamenting the other day about being forced to miss the bulk of the 1972 season as I was forced to attend summer school at Lakeview High.  I recall walking past all the parked buses on Irving Pk that had brought thousands  of fans to the park  to purchase our  wares.
Those great days along with many other things in life are gone at least for me  forever.

 

Im so grateful for having the pleasure  of being involved in that.   Part of the fun was the people whom I encountered there many of which I still associate with today

Im gonna call my mom tomorrow and thank her for getting me that wonderful job which due to my association with allows me to return 25 years later.   ( though it aint nearly the same as it was, most of youse wouldnt recognise it)

But Im happy that this emailing thing has us all reliving those great times

- Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment